Everyday we’re feeling the impact of digital disruption, which is forcing business leaders to shift how their IT organizations operate. As the next wave of digital disruption emerges, BreakFree Solutions wants to help the IT community become disruption enablers by expanding the knowledge pool of public cloud, automation, and hyper-converged infrastructure. To accomplish this, BreakFree is launching GroupSolve – a community of dedicated, capable IT infrastructure engineers and architects that collaboratively solve real technical challenges in a monthly facilitated and collaborative session driven by the BreakFree Solutions team. The goal of Groupsolve is to build a committed, like-minded community of capable engineers and architects who can solve complex IT infrastructure challenges utilizing next generation solutions.
GroupSolve Membership Registration
If you have more questions about GroupSolve, check out our handy GroupSolve FAQ below or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Everyday we’re feeling the impact of digital disruption, which is forcing business leaders to shift how their IT operates. As the next wave of digital disruption emerges, BreakFree wants to help the IT community become disruption enablers, escape the quicksand of status quo IT, and accelerate the successful transition to the enterprise cloud by expanding the knowledge pool of public cloud, automation, hyper-converged infrastructure.
- The ultimate goal of GroupSolve is to build a committed, like-minded community of capable engineers and architects who can solve complex IT infrastructure challenges utilizing next generation solutions with the hope of providing value back to their respective companies through technical problem solving.
What is GroupSolve?
- GroupSolve is a community of dedicated, capable IT infrastructure engineers and architects that collaboratively solve real technical challenges.
- The cornerstone of GroupSolve is a monthly facilitated and collaborative session driven by the BreakFree Solutions’ team that focuses on developing real solutions and improving past solutions based on actual implementation feedback.
How does GroupSolve work?
- GroupSolve members will be invited to a monthly facilitated, collaborative session.
- The solutions developed during the session will then be published on GitHub and updated with relevant feedback from actual implementation and improvement.
How is GroupSolve different than your usual meetups, user-groups, etc.?
- Member qualification – GroupSolve is an engaged, dedicated, and highly-capable community. Many social forums have large numbers of members but only a handful of people show up, so we are ensuring those who join GroupSolve are highly capable IT infrastructure engineers and architects looking to solve actual problems.
- Framework-driven – We’ve developed a standard framework that will govern activities such as problem submission, solving, sharing and cadences.
- Vendor backed not vendor focused – Vendors provide our communities with great tools and capabilities, however, they can also overrun and over-influence social forums. GroupSolve will encourage vendors to make available resources to help verify solutions or offer alternatives, but this will be done outside of the monthly sessions.
What’s the ideal member profile for joining GroupSolve?
IT Engineers, IT Architects and DevOps-level employees from vary companies and locations.
How and where often does GroupSolve meet?
Once a month in an office space in downtown Chicago, IL.
How do I join GroupSolve?
- You can submit an application on BreakFreeSolutions.com.
- GroupSolve members can invite others to join.
How do I submit a problem?
- You can submit a problem on the monthly session RSVP form on BreakFreeSolutions.com prior to the meeting.
- Come to a session with a problem already prepared and ready to go.
Can you give me some examples of possible problems?
We are not trying to put any barriers upfront on problem submission except for level of detail required, however, we envision problems such as:
- I have a big data workload that needs to go to cloud.
- How do I automate change deployment for this specific application?
How do you protect information security of problems and solutions?
- No one should be sharing corporate information when presenting a problem.
- The problems discussed in GroupSolve may come from our members’ day-to-day experiences, but they will all be hypotheticals.
- GroupSolve does not guarantee the effectiveness of the solutions discussed during our sessions or hold any liability with anything that’s discussed.
- Solutions to any problems discussed in GroupSolve are for internal group sharing only and will never be shared publicly.
- While members will be asked to sign an NDA when they join the group, this NDA only pertains to the group, and BreakFree Solutions and its parent company LaSalle Solutions hold no liability over the NDA.
What’s GroupSolve’s backstory?
At BreakFree Solutions, we are obsessed with trying to connect BreakFree’s Why to everything we do. When we discussed what technology forums to become involved in, it was a struggle to connect our Why to traditional technology forum investments such as conference sponsorships. We love tech conferences, meetups, and user-groups – they create networking opportunities, educate us on the latest technology, and are a good spot for a free beer. However, we feel they only make a marginal impact on solving IT’s most pressing challenges coming from digital innovation demands. So, we decided to go to the whiteboard and develop a new social forum that would have a meaningful impact on the IT infrastructure engineers and architects involved and, in turn, a positive impact on their respective companies. After weeks on the whiteboard and talking with our existing social networks, we developed the first iteration of GroupSolve.